Venice’s prime bikeway is the Legacy Trail, a 10.5-mile (17-km) rails-to-trails bike-and-walking path from the Venice Depot to Sarasota and beyond.
Several businesses in Venice rent bicycles:
- Florida Bike & Beach (tel 941-412-1411); bikes delivered to you!
- Venice Bikes & Trikes (tel 941-412-3821); bikes delivered to you!
- Bicycles International, 1744 S Tamiami Trail (US 41)(tel 941-497-1590)
- Real Bikes, 581 US 41 Bypass (tel 941-485-3113)
- Segway Venice, 1590 S Tamiami Trail (US 41) (tel 855-873-4929), the bicycle alternative.
Biking to the Beach
It’s easy and pleasant to bike to Venice’s beaches. Riding to Caspersen Beach, the farthest beach from the city center, you must take care on the narrow approach road because of shifting sand—the sand can cause loss of front-wheel control.